29 May PCS Awarded Construction Management Contract for the Chorro Creek Ecological Reserve Floodplain Restoration Project
Precision Construction Services was awarded the Construction Management Contract for the Chorro Creek Ecological Reserve Floodplain Restoration Project.
This project, located at the base of Hollister Peak off of Hwy 1 between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay, will help to restore the Chorro Creek Ecological Reserve and minimize the sediment entering Morro Bay. The scope of construction includes grading over 1,000 linear feet of side channel and floodplain, improvements of side channel connections to the main stem of the creek, at grade water crossing, decommissioning of an old well, and applying erosion control and seeding to all disturbed areas.
Lexie Bell, Executive Director for the Morro Bay National Estuary Program, said this about working on this project with Precision: “We have had an excellent experience working with Precision during the implementation of the Chorro Creek Ecological Reserve floodplain restoration project. Precision brings valuable experience, skilled project managers, and a flexible approach that have made a significant difference to the success of our work. Precision’s role has enabled us to stay within our constrained budget while also addressing unforeseen issues on the site and coordinating complex permitting requirements.”
Precision helps to facilitate the project and provide representation for the Morro Bay National Estuary Program as construction manager for this project. The scope of work for Precision is as follows:
- Change order review, validation, recommendations to the owner, & ongoing maintenance of project change order log
- Monthly billing review, verification, recommendations to the owner, & invoice packaging
- Attendance and owner representation at weekly Owner-Engineer-Contractor meetings
- Community relations
- Monthly progress reports
- Annual & final report
- Punchlist & QC review
- Claims review, mitigation, and dispute resolution
- Oversight & management of designers, general contractor, other stakeholders, contractors, and subcontractors
- Value engineering
- Interface with SLO County
- Site safety reviews and enforcement
- Risk management related to potential unforeseen issues including contingency planning and analysis of staging options
Adam Strauss, Project Manager at Precision, said: “The Chorro Creek Ecological Reserve Floodplain Restoration project has been such a fun project to be a part of. I get to work alongside passionate and enthusiastic people that are working hard to restore such an amazing place!” The project completion date is anticipated to be in October 2019. For more information on the Morro Bay National Estuary Program and the project, take a look at their website .