22 Jul Precision Construction Services Awarded Construction Management Contract for Phase II of the Land Conservancy’s Pismo Preserve
Precision Construction Services was awarded the Phase II Construction Management Contract for the Land Conservancy’s Pismo Preserve.
This project, located on almost 1,000 acres of California Coastline, will be dedicated open space for the public. The scope of construction includes the widening of roads, a new parking lot, an ADA accessible trail, retaining walls, a bridge, restroom, and other park amenities. The site is also considered culturally sensitive, requiring ongoing construction observation by archeologists and members of the Chumash Tribe.
Jon Hall, Stewardship Director for the Land Conservancy, had this to say about working with Precision Construction Services on this project: “I have worked directly with Precision on Phase I of the Pismo Preserve Improvements and Conservation Project. Precision has provided outstanding pre-construction services and continues to provide exceptional construction management services. Precision has been very mindful of the archaeological significance of the project and has taken every precaution to minimize disturbances to the surrounding environment. I wish the Land Conservancy knew about Precision when we started our previous project.”
As the construction manager for the project, Precision will be the project facilitator and an advocate for the Land Conservancy. More specifically, the scope of Precision’s work includes:
- Contract review and award to the general contractor and project consultants
- Contractor change order reviews
- Monthly billing reviews and recommendations
- Coordination and facilitation of weekly Owner-Engineer-Contractor meetings
- Community relations
- Compiling monthly progress reports, and oversight and management of designers, general contractor, other consultants, contractors, and subcontractors
- Punchlist and project quality control
- Claims review, mitigation, and dispute resolution
- Oversight of constructability reviews
- Value engineering
- Project coordination and ongoing interface with the City of Pismo Beach and the County of San Luis Obispo
- Site safety management
- Risk management related to potential archaeological issues, including contingency planning and analysis of staging options
When asked about the project, Adam Strauss of Precision said: “I am thrilled to be part of such a great project. I love what the Land Conservancy is doing for our community, ensuring pristine open space for generations to come. I could not ask for a better project to be involved with.”
The project is anticipated to be completed and open to the public this fall. More information about the Land Conservancy and the project can be found at their website .